You don't have to send students to College Alone
The first 72 hours on campus. A Navigators study revealed that the friends a student makes in his or her dorm during this time, often dictates their faith trajectory through college....and life! This includes students with a strong desire to continue their faith. See this call to action by Josh McDowell.
Now students can connect all summer in an online group campus leaders and Christian friends headed to the same university, develop friendships, study partners, and team up to reach other new freshmen with the love of Jesus. (They are more open and available than any time in their lives).
Parents in churches using Every Student Sent have seen the 70% faith drop-off nearly disappear, and replaced by engaged students with excitement about multiplying.
Juniors get time to select the right college, connect with ministries, and use training resources which empowers them, and gives your student ownership of the process.
Homeschool Families - See resources here.
Student Page to Share
Simple steps for parents:
- Log onto www.EveryStudentSent.org as a parent. this gives you full free access.
- Tell your students about this, and check out college ministries together with them as part of your college search process. Share the Student Page. Encourage them to virtually join some ministry groups and ask leaders questions.
- Review content with them, like the Thrive in Courses or Worldview about college as an exciting mission.
- Check out the Event Page.
- Tell your pastor and friends about Every Student Sent!
- Follow these new parent groups: ESS Parents Group | College Planning Collaboration | Homeschool Collaboration
- Volunteer to share ESS with other parents in church or help your youth leader. See Ambassadors
- Support Every Student Sent - Learn how the Every Student Sent movement is changing communities
- QUESTIONS?: Join the weekly 30 min Parent Chat Tuesdays 12:00 ET. Or email firstname.lastname@example.org. .
The Three Essentials of College Success
With the right friends, mentors, and missional mindset, students can finish college as mature leaders and disciples who make disciples.
Career & Calling
Students who select a major grounded by a vision of how God made them and understand marketable fields are best prepared
Minimal College Debt
Many spend far too much for a degree so that life is crippled for many years. Learn how to reduce college cost regardless of income.
- You can now follow the Parents Group to network with other parents, find resources, and participate in monthly Zoom meetings with national family leaders
- If you missed SENT 2021 - the powerful content for teens and parents is broken into 7-minute topics in Courses
- Upcoming Events Link: Wed July 14 Parent Prayer Meeting. Tues July 20 Majors & Scholarships
Every Student Sent is a unique community-based platform for preparing 10-12th grade students with a vision of connecting to college ministries, churches, and each other in order to propel them towards Gospel-centered mission as they navigate and engage culture during college. It's a national movement of major college ministries, youth ministries, denominations, Christian schools, and homeschool groups to connect and prepare teens for future leadership. When you register on this free platform you get full access to the features and resources including the embedded social groups. This Family page of www.EveryStudentSent.org is a jumping off spot to orient you to the features and resources.
Resources you can use
Make use of these Every Student Sent (ESS) resources along with social groups where you can hear from other parents:
Check back often since new resources are added each month.
Growth and discipleship
- Thrive Course - watch these eleven 7-minute episodes with your teen and have a great discussion about discipleship and multiplying
- SENT 2021 Training - watch these six 7-minute segments by national leaders speaking at SENT 2021
- Worldview from Summit Ministries - The engaging short videos and and in-depth resources tee up great discussions between you and your sons and daughters
- Dare2Share group - helping teens share their faith
Finding Career, Calling, and Major
Minimizing College Debt
- College Assistance Plus - See videos, education, and services
- Parent's College Planning Group - find resources and connect with other parents
- Christian Financial Advisors - It's great to have an advisor who understands your values and goals. If you don't already have an advisor who is a believer, you can enter your zip code and see a link of Kingdom Advisors near you. You can review their websites and reach out to any of interest. There is no affiliation with Every Student Sent. If your advisor does not know about ESS, we'd be glad to educate them!
Testimonies for students to watch - Interact with the Student Stories & Videos group, view student testimonies, and have your teens share Every Student Sent with their friends. Their faith grows every time they interact with the Gospel.