NEXT STEPS FOR SENT 2021 ATTENDEES
AND OTHERS WHO WANT TO MOBILIZE THEIR COMMUNITY
1. Follow/join the private Church Leaders group to network with leaders, find resources, and participate in monthly Zoom meetings with national church leaders
2. Follow the steps on this page
Making your class of 2021 the most successful in history!
Every Junior & Senior connected now - Freshmen Gospel movements this Fall
Give your students ministry experience: Be a Student Mobilizer!
Every Student Sent is a national movement and a free community-based platform to connect all US high school students to existing ministries, churches, and each other, in order to propel them towards Gospel-centered mission as they navigate and engage culture during college. Churches and schools have seen this reverse the 70% college faith drop off and help students grow in their faith and engage campuses for Christ. High School juniors and seniors can connect with college ministries and churches at any US campus as part of their college search, then join online teams of staff and other Christian freshmen heading to the same college. See this recent call to action by Josh McDowell.
Simple steps to help students and parents today
- Send this message to students
- Send this message to parents
- Upload your students into the counselor dashboard as shown below.
Feel free to contact us at the bottom of this page for questions or a short demo over Zoom!
Pastor Story: Disciples making Disciples
SBC's Ronnie Floyd - Empower Students
CBN News - How ESS Works
How Every Student Sent Helps
Other things you can do:
Introductory Zoom call - Every Student Sent is simple to use, and you can just follow the steps below, but we are glad to set up a Zoom call to demonstrate the platform and answer any questions from your team. We can also help you every step of the way in getting quickly set up, or you can do so yourself. There is no cost to any of this. Just contact us at the bottom of the page.
- Log in as a Youth Minister. Multiple staff can do so, or they can log on as a parent.
- Notify your church. Share the above Student and Parent videos in church. More in the Media Kit.
- Send teens the Student Page or a sample email in the Media Kit. This will encourage them to try out ESS, search colleges, chat online with ministries, follow ESS ministry social groups, and start taking the Thrive and other courses. Give them ministry experience as a Student Mobilizer.
- Email parents, inviting them to use Every Student Sent with their teen. Include the ESS Parents Page. A sample email will be in the Media Kit
- Hold Some Great Youth Group Meetings! (click red links)
- Thrive Course. Show one or more of the eleven 10-minute videos with discussion questions about mission at college,. Students love this.
- Worldview - Watch these Summit Ministries videos together and discuss.
- Exploring Colleges - Put Every Student Sent on a big monitor and start calling out and exploring ministries together at colleges. Even sophomores love thinking about the future.
- Show testimonies of college students and awakenings. Use this growing list of videos to spark discussions about God's work in their hearts and an exciting future.
- Your students love music! See new Interlinc group to create discussions about music and give a ConGRADulations gift to them. Check back later for new content.
FURTHER STEPS YOU CAN TAKE
- Upload Students to the Pastor Dashboard. We can do this for you, or we can send you directions. This will allow you to easily upload all your students by graduation year, automatically invite them, and see their level of engagement at a glance with no additional work on your part. We recommend that you upload grades 10-12. See contact information at the bottom if you would like some help.
- During Junior and Senior college search, encourage students to make ministry and church connections part of their selection criteria.
- As soon as final colleges are selected in the senior year, recommend students become an active member in ministry social groups at that university and team up with other incoming students, and collaborate how to reach their dorms during first weeks Sweet Spot.
- During Christmas break, invite your recent grads to share with your students about their first semester in college, and how helpful it was during the first weeks to already have friends, mentors, and study partners, and how they had seen students come to Christ and be transformed. Take the energy there and adopt a local high school in collaboration with our high school partners like Youth Alive, FCA, Cru High School, YFC, Young Life, etc.
- Add your church to local university listings. Go to Create a Group in "My Sent Hub" and create a separate group for each college so that incoming students find you.
- Bless your community. Spread the good news about Every Student Sent to all other churches and Christian schools in your community. Send this ESS Churches Page, and this City Movement Page.
- Volunteers in your church - See the ESS Ambassadors page about ways parents and students can help.
The growing set of resources for families
Click to see initial content on Worldview from Summit Ministries. More content is being provided by other recognized national ministries.
Career & Major
Click to see initial content on Calling, Career, & Major from Crown Financial Career Direct. More content is being provided by other recognized national ministries.